These chemicals should be avoided around HanStone Quartz; however, this is not a complete list, and other chemicals not listed here might cause damage. The effect of using any chemicals on HanStone Quartz is dependent on the type of chemical, the length of exposure, and the degree of concentration.
- Oil soaps, bluing agents, dyes, stains, paint thinner or strippers
- Solvents such as acetone, nail polish, lacquer thinner, or bleach (short-term exposure is acceptable for purpose of cleaning difficult stains
- Chlorinated solvents such as trichloroethylene or methylene chloride
- Benzene, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone
- Concentrated acids such as hydrocyanic acid, hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid
- Chemicals with high alkaline/pH levels (pH greater than 10)
If any of these substances come into contact with HanStone Quartz, rinse with plenty of water and follow the routine cleaning procedures above immediately.